Sunday, July 26, 2020 11:52 pm
By Nehru Odeh
Here are 20 facts about billionaire fraudster, Ramon Abass, aka Hushpuppi, that are not in the public domain. Hushpuppi , who is currently facing trial in California for cyber-crimes was arrested in his Dubai apartment on 10 June, 2020 and extradited to the United States. He was denied bail recently.
11. A landlord once chased him and his family out of a rented room because his parents couldn’t pay the rent.
12. His dad drove a taxi
13. His mum sold bread by the roadside in Oworonsoki
14. He started the advance fee fraud, known in the local parlance as Yahoo-Yahoo, at No. 9 Ogunyomi Street in Oworonsoki.
15. When he started, he did it hit big initially, as he could only afford sneakers and low cost wristwatches.
16. But when he hit it big, the first thing he bought was gold because he thought he could resell the gold and make huge profit from it.
17. Then he disappeared and after a while he came back a changed man and paid Mama Dele for all the foods he bought on credit. He also gave her money to make catfish pepper soup for him and his friends.
18. On 5 May 2017, he posted Letter to the Ghetto kid on Instagram, which was an instant hit and liked by 65, 725 people.
19. During his most recent and last visit, sometime in 2018, he gifted Mama Dele N5,000 .
20. Mama Dele described him as “someone who doesn’t like making trouble, and was never a thief.”
Credit: These facts were sourced from The Cable and Hushpuppi’s Letter to the Ghetto Kid.