Tuesday, September 5, 2017 1:22 pm
Zamfara Police Command on Tuesday said it had commenced massive search for three policemen who went missing after Monday’s attack on their outpost in Keta village, Tsafe Local Government Area.
A press release issued by the command’s spokesman in Gusau, DSP Mohammed Shehu, denied online media reports that the policemen and their DPO were kidnapped.
“No one was kidnapped as a result of the attack on the facility,” Shehu said, and called on the general public to disregard the report.
He explained that a police outpost is not managed by a Divisional Police Officer (DPO), adding that the three missing policemen run into the bushes when the outpost was attacked.
The spokesman said “at the moment, combined units of Police Anti-Robbery Squad, Anti-Kidnapping and Mobile Force are combing the bushes in search of their colleagues as well as to arrest the gunmen.”
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that gunmen reportedly brandishing heavy arms attacked Keta village on Monday afternoon but the police said normalcy had been restored and assured that the attackers would be arrested and prosecuted.