6 German teens die from generator fumes

6 German teens die from generator fumes

Thursday, February 2, 2017 2:03 pm

Six teenagers found dead in an allotment shed in the German town of Arnstein at the weekend were killed by carbon monoxide that was being emitted by a gasoline generator, police and prosecutors said Thursday.

The women and men found dead were aged between 18 and 19 and had met up Saturday evening – apparently for a party , in the shed on a remote plot of land in the Lower Franconia region of Bavaria.

The bodies were found on Sunday after the owner of the plot, whose son and daughter were among the dead, went to check on the group. He had started to worry after not hearing from them by morning.

Police and prosecutors said that the gasoline generator was not suitable for indoor use and were investigating who had been in charge of its installation in the shed.(dpa/NAN)

Join The Conversation

What do you think?

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.