Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:34 pm
“We are in your city but you don’t know where we are.”
AFP said it got the video Saturday, as desperate parents of 85 abducted school girls intensified the search for them.
Forty-four of the girls have since escaped and are now safe, officials said.
The bombing and the kidnapping, which have been condemned worldwide, have underscored the serious threat posed by the insurgents to Africa’s most populous country and biggest economy.
Shekau, declared a global terrorist by the United States which has a $7 million (5.1 million euro) bounty on his head, spoke in Arabic and the Hausa language that is dominant in northern Nigeria, with a Kalashnikov resting on his left shoulder.
AFP said the 28-minute video made no reference to the abductions of teenaged girls from the Government Girls Secondary School in Chibok but the military, local officials and girls who have escaped have blamed that attack on Boko Haram.
Borno’s education commissioner Inua Kubo told journalists late on Friday that 14 more girls had been found, leaving 85 girls still missing.