Sunday, November 12, 2017 5:06 pm
His Royal Majesty, Oba Kehinde Gbadewole Olugbenl, Olu Of Ilaro and Paramount Ruler of Yewa land has called for celebration of harmony in Ilaro and Yewaland as the 2017 Oronna Ilaro Festival begins.
Oba Olugbenle stated this at Asade Agunloye palace, while received the delegate of MTN, the official sponsore of Oronna Ilaro Festival in Ilaro anat ad press conference for the festival.
He explained that ever since the Oronna Day or Oronna Ilaro Festival started annually peace and love has returned to Ilaro, because the central planning committee was picked across all quarters and compound in the land.
“I can tell you categorically that this annual festival since I Oba Kehinde Gbadewole Olugbenle, Olu and Paramount Ruler of Yewaland has given me confidence and rest of mind whenever I am outside the town, state or country that their is problem in Ilaro, because I know my subjects they are law abiding citizens and peace loving people”he state.
He added: “Ilaro is the headquarters of Yewa land or Ogun west senatorial district, and each of our activities and programs must show love and harmony to others because Ilaro lead others follows.
While appreciate MTN Nigeria for its immensely contributions towards the development of cultures in Ilaro and Yewa land.
Olugbenle advised that we must not allowed our culture and tradition to go extinction because of any foreign religious. He said in Nigeria today Yoruba still has most cherished and respected culture out of all tribes.
“He urged the government, agency and others promoters of culture in our various domains to continue to preach the Gospel about our culture and tradition that is gradually going into extinction if proper measure was not put in place urgently”. He said
The Chairman Central Planning committee of Oronna Ilaro Festival 2017 Alhaji Rafiu Akinola enjoined all intending governorship aspirant, political parties not to turn or highjack the festival and turn it to political campaign ground.
Akinola promised the people of Ilaro that there would be a lot of changes and development in this years annual celebration as venue of some of the programs has changed from the previous years.
He said 2017 Oronna Ilaro Festival will featurs some notable artist who are sons of the soil from Yewaland.. Include Remminis , Kiss Daniel and Small Doctor and other indigenous popular musicians in Ilaro.
He highlighted how the week long programs would go:
•On Saturday 11th of November, 2017 street and road show carnival
• Monday 13th of November Tribute Oronna, Shrine, Itolu shrine and other deities in Ilaro and official flag off of free Medical screening by HRM Oba Kehinde Gbadewole Olugbenle, Olu of Ilaro, Asade Agunloye Pavilion Ground
• Tuesday 14 th November, 5 kilometers Marathon Race, Football Competition at Egbado College Ilaro, Wednesday 15th November, Mascurade dance, Gelede
• Thursday 16th November, Onigba Aje from Odo Ela to Igbo Aje Market Square in Ilaro, also in the evening Talent Hunt from our sons and daughters in Fuji and Juju industry and Posu Night, while Posu is a special delicacy synonymous to ilaro people.
• Friday 17th November, 2017, visit to juvenile home, Motherless home, special jumat service at Ilaro central Mosque, Beauty Pageant Competition
• Saturday 18th, 2017 the grand finale held at Asade Agunloye Pavilion Ground under the chairman of the day, chief Yemi Idowu, Otunba Gbobaniyi of Ilaro.
• Sunday 19th 2017 celebration thanks giving service at Cathedral Church of Christ Ilaro.