Tuesday, March 22, 2016 12:23 pm
The trial of Kingsley Kuku,, special adviser to former President Goodluck Jonathan and two of Kuku’s aides, Henry Ugbolue and Lawrence Pepple has now been rescheduled for 20 April.
Kuku was alleged to have been involved in some corrupt practices during his tenure as the supervisor of the multi – billion naira amnesty programme. He was also alleged to have conspired with some people to award contracts to companies illegally.
The aides to be charged with him were said to complicit in the contract deals.
Lawrence Pepple was the technical assistant on reintegration while Henry Nonso Ugbolue was special assistant, media & communication to the special adviser..
The Federal Government filed a two-count charge on criminal conspiracy and fraudulent acquisition of property against Kuku.
Kuku, who was to be arraigned before Justice Mamman Kolo of the FCT High Court sitting in Wuse Zone 2, Abuja was, however, absent in the court.
He will be charged along with Lawrence Pepple who was specifically accused of ‘’knowingly acquiring interest in a private company where he is a Director and Sole signatory of the company’s account’’.
He was also accused of being employed in the public service as Technical Assistant on Reintegration to the Special Adviser on Niger Delta Affairs.
Kingsley Kuku and Henry Ugbolue, his Special Assistant on Media and Communication, were also to appear before the court on another two-count charge.
The charges border on criminal conspiracy and award of contract worth over N27 million to a private company which has Ogbolue as the sole signatory to the account of the company.
Ugbolue is specifically accused of deliberately failing to declare his assets located at Plot 261, Durumi, Abuja while filling his assets declaration form on the Sept. 4. 2015.
Though no reason was given for the absence of the two defendants, the court has fixed April 20 as new date for their arraignment.
Kuku was first invited by the EFCC in July last year. He responded by saying he was on admission for a leg injury in the United States.
Although his lawyers said Kuku would report to the EFCC by September30, 2015, he failed to do so till date.