Wednesday, February 24, 2016 11:49 am
Dr Olubunmi Muhammed Balogun, Secretary of Ekiti All Progressives Party (APC) Elders Initiative Forum has warned the party not to sow a seed of discord within it by the much vaunted decision to fill all Federal Boards with those who lost in the last elections.
A leader of the party was said to have revealed in Abuja last week at the party’s stakeholders meeting that those “who lost in the last elections will be considered first in board appointments.”
According to Balogun, “If it is true, it will bring serious danger into the party. Most of these people were unable to delivered their poling units during election. Most of them collected money for mobilisation and pocketed it. If it is the same set of people that will benefit from the effort of all of us that used our money, time and energy in bringing success to the party, then it is too bad. Why should we be sidelined?”
He narrated to TheNEWS how he, single handed, delivered all the eight polling units under him in his Ogotun area of Ekiti South West to APC and spent his personal money to make and distribute CD recordings (of where former President Goodluck Jonathan promised that he would not re-contest) all over the country.
He said: “There should be “no monkey dey work baboon dey shop any longer in the politics of Nigeria. If it is true, I will strongly advise our leaders to have a rethink before it will be too late.”